lunes, 22 de noviembre de 2010

Thanksgiving Day is coming up!

zwani.com myspace graphic comments




The American Thanksgiving day is  celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November. This year it on 25th of November.


It is celebrated to give thanks to God for helping the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony survive their first brutal winter in New England.


There is a beautiful Thanksgiving prayer for this day:


Pilgrim:a person who journeys to a sacred place for religious reasons.




"O God, when I have food,




help me to remember the hungry;


When I have work,




help me to remember the jobless;


When I have a home,




help me to remember those who have no home at all;


When I am without pain,




help me to remember those who suffer,


And remembering,




help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;


By word and deed,




those who cry out for what we take for granted.


Amen."









Samuel F. Pugh

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Thank you for your message! Come back soon! :D